Why Having a Positive Mindset is Important
As an entrepreneur you probably have days where you wake up and wonder if you’re doing all of the right things. You think, “can I really make a successful business out of this idea? Am I really giving people value? Is this actually worth my time?”
I had a ton of questions when I started my business and I still have questions now as I’m trying to grow and expand…it’s just part of life!
When I had questions and doubts early on, I realised that the best thing I can do is work on my mindset. Mindset makes ALL the difference in business. Of course you’re going to be facing doubts and struggles if you don’t have the right mindset…all the changes you make and the actions you take starts with your mindset. It’s simple, but a lot of people don’t realise this!
Imagine that you have a new idea for your business and you believe that it’s going to increase revenue and bring in new clients. But once you start working on the idea all the doubts start flooding in…you get overwhelmed and you want to ditch the new idea and stick with what you’re used to.
How does mindset play into all of this?
- Your fear of trying something new makes you feel overwhelmed and nervous about making a big change
- Your anxiety about having to move away from something that you’re comfortable with is affecting your business growth
- You’re telling yourself “it’d be easier to stick with the old way instead of trying something new, even if this could be a great step for my business”
We think this way ALL the time and it is so limiting for us!!
Luckily all big changes start with mindset so we can turn this around…you can take the same situation and tell yourself:
- Yes, I’m scared of trying something new for my business, but no matter what happens everything will turn out just fine;
- I am anxious about moving away from what makes me comfortable, but this is an opportunity for my business to grow. I don’t want to miss out on that!;
- It would be easier to stick with the old way of doing things, but then I’ll always be wondering if I made the wrong choice by passing up on this opportunity
Remember that YOU are in charge of your mindset…no one can change it but you! When you have a positive mindset you will be able to accomplish so much more than you could otherwise.
I always encourage people to cut out the negativity in their lives and this is a huge reason why! It’s hard to have a positive mindset if the people around you are constantly bringing you down and don’t want to see you succeed…makes sense, right?
Instead, you need to surround yourself with positive thinkers. Hang out with positive people, read self-improvement books, watch inspirational movies, read inspirational quotes…do anything you can to start every day with the right mindset.
Find out how to improve your mindset in my Half day workshop. Find out when I’m coming to your city next.