Running workshops is a great way to become the Authority in your niche, it allows you to show your expertise to many people.
But oh mama, they can be tough to fill sometimes.
And let’s agree it’s not easy to get those bums on seats, by just putting yourself out there!!!
People firstly, don’t know you and they don’t know why they should come along. They have no idea of the value you can bring and what you offer.
PLUS no one wants to go to an event with only 5 people at it.
This is because you haven’t Established yourself as the go-to person in your niche, you haven’t shown people that, if they come to your Event or workshop they are going to get so much value. And by working with you they are going to have BREAKTHROUGHS and LEVEL UP in the area you are the EXPERT in. From health to accounting, to coaching, if you’re seen as the EXPERT people will want to work with you, because they know you get results.
Here my 7 steps that have taken me from zero to fully booked workshops in less than 6 months.
1. Find local people on facebook RUNNING events and invite them to your workshop free of charge. This is a great way to create a network and connection with others who are doing workshops just like you, as well as possible creating future collaborations. Not only that but you can offer FREE tickets to their Network (Tip: Click Event Tab in FB and look for people with events with good numbers).
2. Be ACTIVE on Facebook groups, give a lot of value, show people your knowledge and wow them with your expertise. Answer questions on posts and be on top of mind-you want people to think of you when they need someone in the area you are the expert in. Consider running competitions to give away a free ticket to your workshop. (Tip: search for a keyword in FB, click on Group tab for suggestions of relevant groups)
3. Get multiple speaking gigs to upsell to your workshop. Make it a WIN/WIN for the host, how can you provide value to their event. Can you bring more people with you? Can you help crew? how can you add value to the host? When you are Guest speaking then upsell to your workshop with hosts permission of course.
4. Promote your workshop on meetup, Facebook, Eventbrite, Sticky Tickets to reach existing audiences. Spread your workshop out on multiple platforms, this way you are reaching a multitude of audiences. Do posts on Facebook
5. Create a facebook event on all your pages and groups and invite your friends. Get them to bring a Friend for FREE too, the more the merrier.
6. Get out to a lot of Meetups and invite the organisers to your workshop free of charge! This long term strategy helped me fill up my next workshop, always think about the bigger picture. (Consider providing a lucky door prize to make a connection with them, or start a meetup the right way
7. Promote on your facebook- Do posts that are different- DON’T just keep telling people to come to your workshop- get them excited by doing what entertainment there will be, what they will learn, prizes you have, the venue, keep each post fresh and exciting