Do you know how to get clients coming to you??
I will let you in on a secret formula to make this possible.
It all comes down to the Buying Box.
The buying box are boxes that people tick when they read your content, watch your lives or attend an event of yours. The more boxes they tick the more chances to become clients! Keep in mind, some people will need 1 box and some people might need 1000 boxes before they invest in you. It’s important to be patient and stay consistent.
Below are the most common boxes my clients say I tick when they decide to attend one of my workshops or when they see me on social media.
You need to keep ticking these boxes in order too:
- Let people make their own choice about you – you will start attracting your ideal clients.
- You will not have to try super hard to sell because people will naturally just want to buy from you because you would have already built some trust and credibility. Convincing them to invest in you will be much simpler.
- Stand out from the crowd and be seen as a leader.
Trust me, if you start working towards ticking off these boxes, people who are truly interested in investing in you will start coming to you! Your boxes may look a little different to mine and that’s okay! Everyone will have their own unique boxes they want to tick.
How do you start figuring out your own boxes?
- You need know what your clients wants. Understand their pains and problems and how you can solve them. This will help tick off boxes such as, credibility, expert, leader. If you don’t understand what their pains are, it will be hard to attract your ideal clients because they will find someone else who is already answering their questions.
- You need to post consistently and out yourself out there while doing so. The more people who see you all over social media, the more social proof, value and authenticity you will get – and this is what people are looking for!!
- Make sure to keep doing all these things!! Eventually it will become so natural!
Once you have an idea on what boxes you want to tick, you need to know HOW you’re going to tick them off. This gets easier the more you do it, but it’s all about posting valuable content. Content that will show the real you, what your business is about and content that will show how knowledgeable you are. Every time you write a post, take a minute and think about what else you can add to it to tick off more boxes. This can be:
- Something personal to share
- A photo or video
- More value/ information
- A tough moment and how you overcame it
- Your experiences!
It also starts with getting you organised! Chose a box per day every week and per platform. Feel free to repurpose posts and content across your pages, social media platforms, etc. Don’t forget to keep tweaking content for the week so you can tick off even more boxes.
Here’s how to structure your posts to tick boxes:
- Resonate: add a relevant story
- Credibility: add numbers, results, proof
- Social proof: photo evidence
- Trust: open up and be real
- Awareness: teach, education
- Authentic: Always be you – show up regardless what you look like!!
- Consistent: Be consistent and don’t stop showing up
Remember to always remain genuine and have fun with it!