As I continue to work on my personal development, I’ve realized I am constantly going through a journey. I decided to write it out and this is what I came up with.
- M – you may feel motivated and start believing this personal development stuff is amazing and you spend hours and hour researching and learning everything you can about personal development.
- I – Since you’re spending so much time researching and learning, you begin to think you’re smarter than everyone else. Your ego takes over and you don’t see other people and other people don’t want to see you.
- N – You start nagging everyone around you about everything you have learned and you spend so much time trying to teach others.
- D – After your done nagging, the universe gives you a detour because you aren’t doing what you’re supposed to be doing. You should’ve been helping people. So now you have to overcome the detour.
- S – Then you go through a period of self-acceptance, self-growth and self-love. You also discover and accept others as well.
- E – After your self-acceptance, you elevate to the next level of your growth through discovery and self-acceptance of others. You are able to elevate others without judging them – you are no longer nagging them.
- T – You then truly transform - you feel invincible – you are in a self. Once again, you are motivated to keep going again and the cycle continues.
Take a moment and figure out where you are on your personal development. Do you find yourself getting stuck at one stage?
It's so important to understand this journey so you can critically think about what is holding you back, so you can continue to move forward.