I find it fascinating how I teach people to get more clients.
I teach people how to put themselves out-there on Social Media, get fully booked online and offline, and get more clients. And I’m not just assuming that people just know how to nurture their clients enough, how to nurture their communities. Then, I realised that there’s so many mistakes people are making and they’re not keeping their clients happy. What they’re doing is that they just keep having new clients, and it’s good.
A lot of us business owners, that’s how we start. We get good at getting new clients and that’s why we keep doing it but never forget to nurture them, to keep them happy, to wow them, to get the momentum. A lot of the time, that is the missing link to a successful business.
- NOT HAVE AN ONBOARDING PROCESS
They work so hard on getting clients through, work so hard to get the sale, and when they get the sale, see you later. There is no structure in place to actually get the clients feel like they made the right decision. We need to understand how our clients need to really understand the mindset behind buying, purchasing a product or service. So, you want to create a really strong onboarding process that will wow your clients from the moment they got come in.
- Create a process in G-sites - place where I can actually build procedures and processes and link them to the other pages.
- Product Info – List your prices and what’s included for that price, and create a different “product info” for each products or services you have. The product info procedure is priceless to get yourself into. That is something that we, as business owners, a lot of the time, forget.
- Front End Procedure - Too many businesses don’t have a front end procedure. What does that mean? A procedure that is from the customer point of view. It’s actually the hardest one to create.
- Back End Procedure - is where you go, how do we make the front end procedure happening. So, we need to do this first step to make these people go into the post. We need to post something right? For people to go and see it. We need to create a landing page that’s connected to our Ontraport, our email, we need to create email lists for people and for our clients. These are all the backend that we need to do to make the front end happen.
- Assign tasks to one person - if you guys are running a business and you’re still on your own, stop it. Get team members in place.
- Check tasks are getting done - you need to make sure your team is doing it.
- TOO SCATTERED
As business owners, we’re all over the place
- Clients want to know what to do - they want to be told what to do, they want to be told that you have a system and you follow it. They don’t want to try and find out.
- They need system / process to follow – you should have systems and procedures in place so you, and your team, can have a clear understanding how to complete various tasks the same way. This can be a lot of work at first, but it will save you time in the long run! Give structure on what they have to do!!
- Do not EVER cancel or reschedule a client - do not ever let them down by cancelling an event or cancelling a meeting with them ever. Do you ever cancel or reschedule a client? Stop it. Even if the client is okay with it, stop it. Do not do that. Add as much value as possible and never ever cancel an event.
- Be there for them - you want to be there by your clients but at the same time, you want to make sure that you don’t just work for one person because then, you just lost your business. You need to have some structure in place. You need to have some really good boundaries.
- Under promise and overdeliveryou want to WOW people!! Give soo much value your audience will be so impressed they will want to invest in you!!
- Show some consistency - clients are there and they’re looking for you to be their rock, they’re looking for you to be the person they can lean on. If you are scattered, not consistent, and all over the place, they’re gonna feel unsafe.
- NOT WOWING THE CLIENTS CONSISTENTLY
Some people have a great onboarding process and then they just forget about the clients. If you don’t nurture that one client, you’re not gonna multiply that product, you’re not gonna get more of those so, you need to wow your clients consistently all the way through the journey, not just at the beginning, or just in the middle, or when they complain. We need to really get them happy all the way through. Do this by:
- Send them a gift - make them feel that you are there even if you’re not physically not there.
- Welcome call - having that feeling that we have your back. We have created a system and you just go through the system, you’ve got this. Success is on the other side. People need to know that.
- Welcome email campaign - we welcome them in the community.
- Be in touch - it doesn’t even have to be a one on one. Doesn’t have to be you personally getting in touch with them, you can write another email, another sequence, or another present on the mail, or another webinar, or something that will get them to feel like, okay, this is still going, this is still happening, and so on.
- Create community - create a community around them so it’s not all on you. You don’t have all the pressure, you’ve got other people that could support you in there. And make them feel safe.
- FORGET ABOUT THEM
You wow them and then you forget about them.
- Put into your calendar to follow up with them - follow up with your clients. Don’t just assume that you’ll remember.
- Understand customer emotional journey - pretend that you are your own client and you’re going through your own program. That’s why I say, your Business is the 3D printout of your Thoughts. If you don’t understand mindset, you’re not gonna understand your clients. And if you don’t understand your clients, you’re not gonna make them happy. What are you going to put in place to support them, to make them feel that you’ve got them. That’s what people need. They need to feel like that you have got them. And a lot us don’t do that because we don’t have someone that got us. That’s why, it’s super important to always have mentors and coaches and people that you can lean on so that you can be as rock or your clients.
- Don’t assume - reach out - don’t assume that they’re happy. Just reach out to everybody. You create a method and it should be the same for everybody. Don’t pick and choose who you’re gonna nurture.
- Have a list with all the clients and touch points – this will help you if they have any problems or concerns in the future. This can also be a good place to get content ideas because you can answer their pain points in your posts!
- NOT OFFERING SOME SUPPORT TO YOUR CLIENTS
Sometimes, people go, ‘oh, I’ll come up with this idea. I can actually wow my clients, get them to the next level but I’m gonna charge them more’. Why? They’re already your clients. Why don’t you just include it for them so then, you’re gonna wow them? Then you can take that offer for the next people that you can put the price up with but for the current clients, just wow them, make them happy.
- They want more - create next level - there is always another place to brought to. People want to grow their expertise, there is always a next level. Don’t let them stay at that level that they joined. You always need to have a bigger, a better place for them to go to.
- Add free help and then once you have work out what they want and then charge -
- Next level should include 1:1 with you or team - we’ve done it that way and works really well. You create the next level and the next level will have that extra support one-on-one.
- Don’t assume they don’t have money to invest in more programs with you - this is something that I have noticed. A lot of my community, they have invested in me and all of a sudden, they are looking for the next thing.
- Don’t make it about you - I used to make it about me. But I’m doing a disservice to two people. First, to myself because I can’t help further, I can be more useful to other people. And second, to the clients.
- NOT ASKING FOR TESTIMONIALS
Your clients are there, they’re happy, they’re excited, you have to leverage on that moment.
- Ask for testimonials while you are with them - ask for testimonials when they’re happy. And a lot of us, we ask for testimonials as a favor, right? No, testimonial is not a favor to you, testimonial is for them to pay forward.
- During live call or live event getting testimonials during a live event is the best time to get a testimonial because people are in the hype of the event!! They are energetic, they’re loving you and they’re learning, so they will be able to give an informative interview!!
- While they are having the breakthrough -They have had the biggest breakthrough in their lives, they’re so happy, and they’re so excited, now it’s your turn to give it back.
- Share testimonials everywhere - Because of your testimonial, other people that are in the same pain that you used to be, can now get help too. I need you to tell them so that they can get help. There is someone out there that is in pain, that is suffering, and they don’t know there is a solution for them, and they don’t believe it from me so, they need to hear it from you. Because you’re the one that gor through it and did it and succeeded at it. So, when you explain it in a way to your clients, it’s gonna change your game, it’s gonna change everything.
- Transcribe it - you can put them in your website, in your email, so you can use them in so many ways.
- NOT ASKING FOR REFERRAL
Your clients are gonna be so happy and so proud to bring you more people if they’re happy with you. When is a good time to ask for referral?
- Ask for referral while you are with them - ask them to actually bring you more clients.
- During live call or live event – Feel free to ask people to bring people during events!! Tell them they can come to the next available date that works for them. It can also be harder to say no to people while in person.
- While they are having the breakthrough – Too many people wait until the clients are gone, or not in state anymore to ask for a testimonial, this is the best time to ask them! Make it easy for them and ask them questions.
- Give a generous affiliate commission - for them to bring you more people, it’s a win win situation.
- Keep reminding them to promote you – don’t ask once and leave it! Make it easier by creating email campaigns and promotions. People will often forget about referring people, but they will probably know someone who needs your products and services.
- Create a promo video for them to use - have them things that they can use for them to go out there and refer you to other people. Don’t just expect them to do it. Do it for them, make it easy so they can go and spread the word. It’s so powerful when you do that and you’ll start to get more clients.
NO MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE PAID, WOW THEM!
As soon as they become clients, no matter how much they paid, you need to wow them so they’d want more, so they’re going to the next level, so you can keep helping them. There should be a structure in place so you help everybody equally.
Remember, when you’re a client in someone else’s business, look what wows you. The little things, the little gestures are the one that’ll help you to wow your clients. Make sure you help them, support them, make them feel that they have your back.