EP #24: Do you fight for what you believe in?
On my Facebook page I recently asked, “should you fight for what you believe in?” I got soo many different responses and it was interesting to hear different sides to this question.
This episode raised a lot of questions and these are some of them I talk about in this episode:
- Why do we feel the need to fight for what we believe in?
- Why do you have to choose the battles you want to fight for?
- Why do you have to make other people believe you are right, and your beliefs are better than theirs?
Listen to this episode if you want to hear my thoughts about them…and why I think you don’t always have to fight for what you believe in.
I used to think if people were different than me, then I couldn’t hang out with them, and in my adult life I wanted to change that because I want to be someone who, instead of judging other people, learns about their perspectives and educates myself on other views. I believe it is important to stand up for your value and principle but in a compassionate way with integrity. We have to remember it is okay that people have different opinions and beliefs than us and that doesn’t make one person better than the other.
So many people have this fight mentality, but what if there’s no need to fight and you can be okay with someone having a different opinion of you. Your beliefs are just yours and you should never have to struggle, battle or fight for something that is already yours.
What you will discover:
- Why you should have an open mind and educate yourself on other opinions and views.
- Why I think speaking up and fighting for what you believe in are two different things.
- Why you should or should not stand up for yourself.
- Why it’s okay to change your beliefs.
- How I have accepted that tomorrow I could wake up and everything I currently believe in can change.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW